Our skin is the most vulnerable organ of our body. It is an organ that always stays exposed to the outer world and has to face all the music without any shield. This is the reason people suffer from different kinds of skin problems.
Apart from the effects of the outer environment, there are some natural factors as well that may decide your skin type, whether your skin is oily, dry or sensitive.
If you have dry skin naturally or your skin has become dry due to your environment you must know that dry skin comes with a lot of challenges. Hence, it is very important to take proper care of dry skin. If things feel like getting out of control, you should visit a Dermatologist in islamabad and get your condition evaluated and treated as soon as possible.
What Is Dry Skin?
You can either have dry skin naturally, or you may develop it over a certain period of time after your skin gets impacted by its environmental conditions.
These are the symptoms of dry skin:
- You may feel itchy in different parts of your body.
- There’ll be scales on your body.
- Cracking of skin may also take place.
Apart from being naturally dry these are the factors that may cause you to have dry skin.
- Change in weather may cause the skin to become dry.
- Lack of moisture.
- Less intake of water.
- Taking shower with hot water.
- Being exposed to heat may also cause your skin to dry up.
Let’s now have a look at different problems that people with dry skin have to face.
Common Problems Faced by People with Dry skin
Most people suffer from dry skin during winters and it is completely normal because our body is exposed to less moisture during winters. But if your skin is naturally dry and it stays dry throughout the year then there is a great chance that you will suffer from one of below mentioned problems that come along with dry skin.
1. Itchy Skin
One of the problems that you will notice when you have dry skin is the constant urges to itch in several parts of your body. The most affected areas by itchiness usually are hands, legs, chest, and back.
Itchy skin makes it hard for people to live their life normally and it may also put a major dent in their confidence.
So if you have dry skin you must never ignore it and get yourself examined and treated to prevent your skin condition from worsening.
If dry skin is left unattended for a long period of time there is a possibility that it could turn into atopic dermatitis also known as eczema. Some common signs or symptoms of eczema are:
- Scales all over the body.
- Frequent urges to itch all over the body.
- Atopic dermatitis or eczema may also cause inflammation in some cases.
- Severely affected areas by atopic dermatitis may also bleed.
So, one should never leave dry skin unattended. You can also take a look at the following remedies and solutions to take care of your dry skin appropriately.
Remedies And Solutions for Dry Skin
There are several clinical solutions that will be given to you to make your skin condition better when you visit the Best Skin Specialist in Karachi. Other than clinical solutions these are some home remedies that you can try to make your dry skin look and feel better.
- Stop taking a bath with hot water. Hot water robs your skin’s natural oils leaving it inflamed and dry.
- Start applying a moisturiser twice a day.
- Using a betamethasone cream or ointment also helps.
- Wear fabrics that are kind to your skin.
- Use a humidifier when inside the home to prevent your skin from cracking due to dry indoor air.
- When outside the house wear gloves on hands to keep them safe from cracking in winters.
- Do not sit too close to the fire or the heater during winters.
All in all, dry skin is a very unpleasant and uncomfortable situation for anyone and it is necessary to take timely action to make sure that it goes away.